The elevator safety is not just an interest that often make the buyers of these facilities, but also constitutes a legal requirement of essential compliance for installation. In this sense, security in elevators is becoming one of the guarantees demanded by customers, so manufacturers try to respond to the demands raised by the current market.
Firms security measures are taken seriously
Indeed, as noted in the introduction, the elevator safety is an unavoidable requirement. However, by imperatives own ethics of the profession elevator, brands like AstarLifts had an obligation to comply with the maximum safety. That is, it was not only a legal requirement but also a desire to present the perfect products. Not only in terms of functionality and aesthetics, it also, of course, security is neglected.
Not surprisingly, the safety of these facilities is key, both in home environments (houses or condominiums) and in business. Urban development, as linked to the building height, has led to greater complexity of construction. Elevators, how could it be otherwise, have had to adapt to this increasing sophistication.
The chances of having an accident in an elevator, which can even cause death, have to minimize and disappear. A similar reflection can be performed on other security-related problems that may be experienced in an elevator, such as entrapment.
These security measures are guaranteed by fundamental high investment in technology, which allows manufacturing appliances must minimize failures. Moreover, there is another kind of security measures that apply retrospectively. This is related to maintenance. In this sense, companies like AstarLifts, based in Barcelona, offer their customers an uninterrupted service for maintenance. Operators who are responsible for that service display their professionalism and are required to repair all faults capacity, which solves interruptions in service elevators. In addition, responsible for resolving other incidents, not just those related to service failures, but also involving incidents directly associated with security problems, both preventive interventions and to the emergence of problems.
However, these interventions are a last resort safety that has not arrived, since the operation of the devices currently in use in Spain has approvals that adhere to strict safety regulations and such equipment pass periodic professional reviews to test your state.
General information on security systems in elevators
Previously, he had already said that security is the most important in the manufacture of a lift factor. Roughly: no security, no matter the functionality or aesthetics. Security, therefore, is the basis of operation of an elevator, as it ensures the protection of persons.
As also beat out above, there are mandatory regulations that guarantee the safety of elevators. The basic safety measures are supplemented by the introduction of highly sophisticated technological advances. For example, legislation which certifies the quality of the safety of lifts is Directive 2006/42 / EC, issued by the Community authorities.
Roughly speaking, there are some minimum security to be met, necessarily, in every product. This safety standard, moreover, can be reinforced with the most advanced mechanisms.
Technological innovation, on the other hand, in addition to investment in digital or electronic fields, also based on the collection of statistical data on the operation of elevators. This collection of information allows firms to lift study how faults can be minimized in the lifting mechanisms.
By way of summary, the following lines are some of the safety systems that are being implemented in modern lifts cite:
- Parachute immediate action
- Detection of slack rope suspension
- Auxiliary Rescue Mechanism
- Emergency lights inside the cabin
- Acoustic and visual signaling when the maximum load is exceeded
- Alarm button in the cockpit
- Telephone in the cab
- Automatic leveling mechanism cabin
- Double safety locks on doors floor
Security elements elevator
It's time to descend to the more specific explanations on how to put in place safety mechanisms in an elevator. This overview, meanwhile, focuses on specific elements, which are essential to ensure the protection of people using the elevators.
Then they discuss some of these pieces, so important for the proper functioning of safety systems lifts :
- Mechanical interlock. This is the system for opening the gates on each of the floors. Also enables the electrical part, which is what enables the movement of the lift. Moreover, the doors can be automatic, semi-automatic and manual.
- Parachute. It works by a lever mechanism which drives movement rollers and wedges located next to the guides or wedges boxes. If the car speed exceeds the normal and this is dropped, the guides will be bitten by the rollers or wedges and the cab will stop. On the other hand, there are progressive and instantaneous safety gears for elevators, respectively, medium and high speed.
- Alarm bell. It is one of the most visible security mechanisms for users. For this reason, the immediacy of its operation has become the first security element which often resort who have been involved in any incident in an elevator. Generally, it is used in emergency cases. For example, when a person is trapped in the elevator. Some alarm bells, meanwhile, are connected to telephone lines, so they could seek assistance through them. As regards the common operation of alarm bell, it is noteworthy that in the event of power failure, the emergency lighting automatically turns on inside the cab. Therefore, the alarm can be used, as it has its own power by accumulators. The restoration of current electricity system means that the emergency lighting and the computer turns off automatically reload elevator.
- Emergency stop. This device serves to interrupt the maneuvers. Cutting power to the drive unit occurs, which has a braking effect. In this sense, the elevator, so that will not work the controls and cockpit floor stops. In principle, this mechanism has to leave the cab to move to the lower stop.
- Limiter. Experts believe that is a crucial element of the elevator safety. It comprises two pulleys. One is in the engine room and the second is aligned vertically above the bottom of the hole. A fixed point and leverage of the top: a steel cable through pulleys and the two ends are joined to parts of the frame extends. This cable permanently attached to the cab, but is independent traction, so does not intervene in the counterweight or attachment of the cabin. If the car exceeds the normal speed by 25%, the arrest will occur in the upper pulley limiter. The parachute system of levers defined above, will be activated by the limiter cable. Both the upper pulley and wedging mechanism of the car must be incorporated an electrical contact will cut the main series for the engine does not work when the car has been nailed to the guides by wedging mechanism.
Global security solutions for elevators
Astarlift and other companies in the industry are including elevation, the services they provide to their clients, advising on the needs of each equipment. It is a holistic concept of service, which takes into account the features, design and of course, security. In a way, the elevator fits into the architectural design of the building and is fully adapted to the requirements of their particular use.
Apart from complying with the strict European safety standards are being implemented gradually, other additional measures, such as digital multi-protection or security system remote (REM).
Ultimately, security is the most important aspect of an elevator, so that should not be overlooked and worth having the contribution of companies that offer guarantees, trust and closeness.