When members of a building raises install a transport machinery must adequately informed about the different types that exist in the market and the application of each. Thus, we can talk about the so-called vertical solutions concerning forklifts and elevators, in charge of moving goods and people. These, though they may be similar, have clear differences between them, making each is most suitable for one type of movement than the other.
First, you can define a forklift like an elevator, but large, and, as its name implies, is used to transport volumes and oversized loads. Its structure consists of a chassis that travels through two rigid guides, which are mutually parallel and are supported by a metal frame, which is anchored to the building.
Broadly speaking, there are on the market two different types of forklifthydraulic type. For one thing, which would be responsible for transporting solely those goods and also allow the transfer of people. This second group is also known as hydraulic lift and have applied the rules EN81.3, while the former must respect the rules EN81.2 Thus, the clear differences between them are directly related to the corresponding regulations of use, and their use different elements are there in each, for maintenance and installation.
Here, forklifts have changed in recent years, to adapt to the rules, which involved passing a single platform and cab on the side to have a different structure based on a closed perimeter ensuring its greater security. This is also attaches greater reliability in the structure of space and the best ability and durability of the machine, according to the latest innovations.
We know that the use of this mechanism is focused exclusively on goods and any adaptation or modification, so you can also move people, is strictly forbidden, so it is used only for cargo transportation. Otherwise, the responsibility would fall on both the installer and on the building owner.
Features hoists and elevators. Goods Lifts
As mentioned above, this model complies with UNE-EN 81.3 and reaches a top speed of 0.5 m / s. It also has mandatory cabin doors and needs your rescue. As for the type of push-button you have a unique forwarding and ensures proper maintenance with a review every three months. Finally, the type of security which has, since 2010, is a double locking system.
In addition, the forklift has different elements, such as:
1. A surface that will support the overall structure and be very resistant and horizontal layout.
2. At least two or more guides which are parallel and rigid.
3. An exchange may be double or conventional type, depending on the route and both of the characteristics of the installation.
4. Two or more pistons, which depend on the maximum load of the installation itself. Furthermore, depending on the route having, they will be conventional or telescopic.
5. Finally, will also feature a chassis, which must be completely leveled and anchored. This part is attached to the system responsible for guiding the movement of the forklift. The most important thing is that this system is able to always ensure the stability of the truck, both vertical and horizontal, and support the efforts from the emergency parachute. It should be monitored, first, that the parallelism of the guides is always adequate to prevent the departure of the truck may occur.
You can define a lift or elevator as a mode of transport which is responsible for movement between different levels of people or cargo. Its structure is composed of elements that are both mechanical and electrical and, together, result in a type of mechanism totally safe movement. These further they characterized by:
1. The lift people and cargo complies with UNE-EN 81.2, as discussed above, and is capable of reaching a maximum speed of 0.6 m / s 1 m / s.
2. Account, for push-button and a record of the call, in addition to a phone rescue mandatory.
3. The cabin door is mandatory and requires more maintenance than the previous type, to be checked once a month.
4. Finally, also offers a dual locking system, as regards their safety.
Two types of lifts for persons with different advantages, depending on the needs and type of building in which they are installed. Thus we speak of the electrical and hydraulic lifts with traction.
Features and advantages of electric lifts
1. The drive system requires an electric motor to start working. This has a suspension system which includes a car and a counterweight, so that the system can remain in equilibrium (usually 50% of the rated load in elevation). Therefore, in this model, traction is possible because cables are attached to the drive pulley or the electric motor. Sliding occurs by vertical rails with safety features such as mechanical parachute, speed limiter or pit cushions.
2. Although formerly much noisier than hydraulic, now, because VVVF applications, offer as smooth as the others, and be possible to lower your power required movement. Therefore, in relation to consumption, everything depends on how they are used.
3. These lifts also offered, at present, the possibility to adapt to smaller spaces, to be elevators without machine room, so every day keep increasing its optimization in terms of both consumption and space.
4. Being more common, it is much easier to get spare parts or parts which are spoiled, because there are many shops where to buy them.
5. It is also considered one of the safest models on the market, provided they are entrusted to a rigorous and serious company, to be installed.
6. They provide a kind of easy maintenance and facilitate their care.
Features and advantages of hydraulic lifts:
1. They offer a high level of safety for passengers, due to its dual security system.
2. They also have a safety for operators thanks to its features and form fitting, being built on the first floor to the last.
3. They are very economical. Use fewer components, so their prices both maintenance and installation are cheaper and easier assembly.
4. The possible evacuation of users is more than guaranteed, if they could produce a fault that affected the electricity supply. This is because it has a system that includes a 12-volt coil, which is connected to a backup battery and makes it possible to conclude the way and get to the next stop after the fault occurs and the doors opened.
5. They offer a great use of space of the house, as they do not require the creation of engine rooms, so that buildings with limited space will not be excluded from installation. This is also possible thanks to the cabinet that houses all the machinery could be located anywhere in the building, without being in the vicinity of the elevator. Moreover, its MRL allows the hydraulic machinery can be located within the hollow lift pit.
6. The degree of energy efficiency is very high, since its drive is possible by a pump which is connected to the electric motor. Thus, only it consumes in its rise, by injecting pressurized oil from a valve block also responsible for controlling the speed from a reservoir to a piston. Meanwhile he uses the force of gravity, to descend, without wasting energy through weight of the cabin, which makes the oil back into the tank, while valves regulate the flow. Furthermore, both starts and stops offers softness to the user.
In short, we can say that both lifts as lifts offer great facilities and benefits to the inhabitants of the buildings and businesses in which they are installed. In this sense, we must recognize that there is a better choice, but really all depends on the use that each company or person can give these facilities. Therefore, taking into account the characteristics of each type of machine, it is just select the one that best suits the needs and demands of its users.